These are moist, super healthy, sinfully delicious brownies that have no sugar, no eggs, no flour and no added fat. Is this possible? Yes it is! Try my tasty, easy and fast recipe, and you will find out. No fuss, no mess and in no time you have nutritious and tasty brownies that you can enjoy for a snack or dessert. This recipe combines several nutrients in the right proportions. Oatmeal is rich in healthy carbohydrates and protein; hazelnuts are packed with protein, essential fat, vitamins and minerals. Dates are a good source of fiber, minerals and vitamins. Dark chocolate is the natural drug rich in many nutrients (flavonoids, antioxidants, and minerals).
In just a single portion you have all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth, with nutrient-rich ingredients to boot! But when enjoying this delicious and seemingly innocent dessert, don’t overdo it(!), because these brownies are high in calories too. Moderation is the secret of a healthy diet – The Mamma Mia! Diet!
500 g (4 cups) oatmeal flakes
700 ml (3 scarce cups) whole milk or hazelnut milk
70 g (½ cup) hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
8-10 large medjool dates, pitted and cut in large pieces
3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder
100 g (3.5 oz) dark chocolate (about 70%), melted
1 pinch sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. In a medium bowl mix together the oatmeal and milk. Let it rest for about ½ hour so the oatmeal can soak up the milk
3. In a food processor puree the dates with 2-3 tablespoons of milk
4. Add the dates to oatmeal and mix well. Then, add the hazelnuts, a pinch of salt and cocoa powder
5. Add the melted chocolate and mix well. It should be moist
6. Pour in to 22X18 cm (9×7 inch) oiled or non-stick baking pan
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a little bit dry on top. Serve at room temperature. – Paola