Marinated grilled salmon is a delicious main course, ideal for a hot summer day, an alternative recipe for your seafood. The addition of lime and dill to the marinade adds a fragrant flavor. Fish has been important in human nutrition since prehistoric times. It should be on our table at least 2-3 times a week.
Salmon is an excellent source of high-quality proteins, vitamins and minerals, as well as omega 3 fatty acids, which should receive special attention. Omega 3 fatty acids are beneficial to our brain, heart, joints and general well-being.
I personally love salmon (see asparagus and smoked salmon pie and salmon wrapped in puff pastry) but grilling – in this case pan-searing on a flat griddle, of course, makes this dish light and healthy.
Grilled salmon is a perfect accompaniment to a fresh salad or even simple but tasty grilled vegetables.
SALMONE MARINATO E GRIGLIATO (MARINATED AND GRILLED SALMON)
Preparation time: 60 minutes Cooking time: 6 minutes Servings: 4
4 middle-cut boneless salmon fillets (about 800 g, 28 oz)
5-6 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
2 medium size limes, juice of, + 1 lime for garnishing
3 sprigs of dill
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, dill and some pepper
2. Wash the salmon fillets under cold running water and pat dry with some kitchen paper
3. Place the fillets in the marinade in a shallow pan and cover with cling film. Refrigerate for one hour
4. Remove the fillets from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature while you preheat the griddle
5. Heat a heavy-based griddle until very hot – this can take up to 8-10 minutes. Add the salmon (skin side up), season with some salt (additional) and some pepper. Turn the heat on medium
6. Cook for 3-4 minutes (by this time a good crust should have formed). Turn with a spatula and continue cooking until just done – about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet. The salmon should be just cooked through when done. Don’t over cook because you might lose some nutrients (especially omega 3 fatty acids)
7. Serve warm with a thin slice of lime and some salad. – Paola
Frank @Memorie di Angelina says
There really are few things as satisfying as a simply grilled piece of fish. And salmon is one of the finest fish out there.
Salmon is one of my favorite fish: healthy and taste.