Savory zucchini carrot bread is certainly a healthy choice for carbs, because it combines both whole grain flour and vegetables, rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is a mix a good nutrients that gives you the right energy.
I love this bread, tasty and moist, dense enough to be satisfying, but still light on the stomach. It is perfect for breakfast, but it also works as an aperitivo snack when topped with soft goat cheese.
A few carrots in the mix give a touch of natural sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth, as well.
PANE CON ZUCCHINE E CAROTE (ZUCCHINI CARROT BREAD)
Total preparation time: 1 hour Baking time: 50-55 minutes Servings: 10-15 slices
3 large eggs
300 g (2 cups) whole grain flour
200 g (1 1/3 cups) all-purpose flour
15 g (3 teaspoons) baking powder
150 g (1 ½ cups) grated Parmesan cheese
3 medium zucchini, finely grated
1 large carrot, finely grated
100 ml (1/2 scarce cup) extra virgin olive oil
120 ml (1/2 cup) butter milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. Grease a bread pan (34 cm x 10 cm, 14 inch x 4 inch) with some olive oil and dust with flour
3. Mix the flours, baking powder and grated Parmesan cheese in a larger bowl
4. Add the eggs, olive oil and butter milk, mix until well blended. The dough should not be too wet.
5. Add the zucchini and carrot. Mix well with a spoon to blend in all the vegetables.
6. Pour the dough in the greased and floured bread pan
7. Bake for 50 -55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
8. Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a rack, then remove it from the pan and let it cool on the rack or about 15 minutes or more.
My children can hardly wait for this bread to cool before cutting into it. It’s excellent served at room temperature. -Paola
Sounds lovely, Paola. Not only healthy, but very pretty as well.
Thanks so much Frank!